Sparrow Health System
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
This position is responsible for establishing, instructing, overseeing and providing a wide variety of respiratory therapy procedures related to home respiratory services.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Consistently follows policies and procedures for set-up and patient/caregiver instruction of respiratory-related equipment for walk-in customers and in patients’ homes.
- Inputs patient data into TIMS system, as required.
- Assesses patient’s condition and initiates appropriate emergency and non-emergency procedures in accordance with established guidelines. Works with neonatal, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
- Demonstrates competency in equipment knowledge, patient assessments, safety and infection control issues.
- Dispenses aerosol equipment, support therapy (oxygen, humidification, ventilator) and performs a variety of respiratory treatments and/or diagnostic procedures.
- Initiates, operates, maintains, monitors and ensures safe patient care practices and operation of various life support devices.
- Meets established time frames/deadlines relative to patient follow-ups, documentation, etc.
- Provides complete and consistent documentation in records (including care plans, equipment records, on-call logs, etc.) Reports/documents pertinent patient care and status data in accordance with established guidelines. Establishes an appropriate knowledge of patient record and maintains accurate records relating to charges for services rendered.
- Performs routine respiratory equipment maintenance, cleaning/sterilization, and ensures environmental safety.
- Educates customers on Patient/Client Bill of Rights and Responsibilities of the Patient/Client and, if applicable, ensures customer is advised of payment due.
- Consistently complies with ISO and Joint Commission standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and consistent compliance to policy and procedure manuals.
- Adheres to Corporate Compliance Policies, including but not limited to current Medicare guidelines.
|General Requirements||Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) Current Michigan driver's license CPR certified.|
|Work Experience||Minimum of 2 years of hospital based respiratory care experience and minimum of 1 year home care experience.|
|Education||High School diploma or GED.|
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||Thorough knowledge and skill related to respiratory care field. Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patient serviced as related to the principal duties and responsibilities of the position. Demonstrated knowledge of database software programs; data processing experience. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Demonstrated people-sensitive characteristics with a genuine desire to help others|
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.JOB REQUIREMENTS:To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://sparrowhealthsystem.contacthr.com/77739679
Preferred Years Of Experience:2 Year(s)
Education Required:High School
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :