Texas Health Resources
2019 "America's Best Employers for Diversity” by Forbes
Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award as a Best Places to Work (2018 and 2019)
Texas Health Resources is in search of Full Time, Part Time, and PRN Registered Respiratory Therapist Professionals to join the Texas Health family at select facilities in North Texas.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States. We have a total of 4,100 licensed hospital beds, employ more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 2,100 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and count more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals. At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees.
Compassion begins with caring for each other and our Texas Health Respiratory Therapy team members are committed to developing relationships that go beyond their job duties. Teamwork, camaraderie and effective interdisciplinary partnerships are the hallmarks of Texas Health.
Salary range is Min. $25.83/hr to Max. $38.61/hr – based on relevant experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Graduate of AMA approved Respiratory Care Program is required.
- 1 year of Med/Surg or critical care experience is preferred.
- Adult and NICU experience highly preferred.
- RCP - Respiratory Care Practitioner upon hire required.
- RRT - Registered Respiratory Therapist upon hire required.
- BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support upon hire required.
- NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program upon hire required.
- ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support up hire preferred.
- Good verbal communications
- Good interpersonal skills
- Computer experience
The essential duties of this position are:
Patient Assessment/Plan of Care
- Obtains/verifies physician order for therapy and validate for appropriateness.
- Reviews available medical records and obtain pertinent medical history from patient or family.
- Evaluates each patient using age and diagnosis appropriate assessment tests and measurements.
- Applies appropriate patient care interventions according to protocol guidelines and priority of care.
- Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient assessment and individualizes care based on age specific needs.
- Uses therapeutic treatment techniques appropriate to patient age and desire for treatment.
- Performs treatment procedures that are within the scope of the professional license.
- Performs/delegates technical procedures appropriately and safely.
- Determine patient response to treatment and evaluate progress (reassessment).
- Educates patient and family through instruction, demonstration, or appropriate handouts in treatment plan, safety issues, and home programs/self-management.
- Maintain bedside and ventilator alarms in audible position.
- Maintains patient safety throughout treatment.
- Communicates with physicians and other healthcare personnel as appropriate regarding patient care issues.
- Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient treatment and individualizes care based on age specific needs.
- Administers medication in a safe/correct manner, adhering to medication administration guidelines.
- Reports unsafe conditions and equipment in proper/timely manner.
- Responds to emergency situations.
- Documents verification of physician orders prior to delivery of care.
- Documents aspects of each treatment session in accordance with departmental, JCAHO, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Documents assessments of education needs, education provided, and patient understanding of education provided in accordance with departmental, JCAHO, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Reports and documents unusual occurrences, on the job injuries, and medical device malfunctioning.
- Enters patient charges and record procedures according to departmental guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Are you ready to transform your career?
To review open Respiratory Therapy opportunities or to learn more about Texas Health and stay in touch by joining our Talent Network click the link below.
Preferred Years Of Experience:2 Year(s)
Education Required:High School
Salary Range:$25.83 - $38.61
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Travel:Up to 10% Travel
Share On :